SKF BA1-9498B/HC sealed and greased wheel bearing with ceramic balls.
Front and rear application. Steel balls are also available upon request.
Applications for this bearing include: LMP2 front, LMP3 front, GT3/GTE front and rear, and GP 2 rear.
Hybrid bearings are a solution for improved performance and reliability under severe operating conditions like motor racing. They contain rolling elements made of bearing grade silicon nitride (Si3N4) which makes them electrically insulating.
- Electrically insulating between inner and outer rings
- High wear-resistance
- Higher stiffness compared to equivalent all-steel bearing
- Excellent tolerance to poor lubrication
- Low friction
- High speed capabilities
- Tolerant of vibration and oscillating applications
- Extended service life due to lower operating temperature compared to all-steel bearings
- Insulates and eliminates electric current damage to bearings in electric motors and generators, even at very high frequencies associated with inverters
- Extended grease life
- Reduced maintenance cost
- Energy saving
- Environmentally friendly
The SKF Racing bearings range has evolved significantly over recent years, providing a range of tailored products to the most prestigious motorsport brands in the world.