CK-BR-06 BATTERY ISOLATOR XR (Unit only)
TO ONLY BE USED WITH MOTORSPORT ECU OR PDM
The XR Battery Isolator CK-BR-06 is the latest generation of motorsport master-switch devices from CARTEK. At 30% smaller size and 40% lighter weight than the previous ‘standard’ and GT isolators, this XR version offers even more benefits and performance when compared with traditional mechanical master-switches and electro/mechanical safety cut-outs.
- Fully electronic with no moving parts
- Totally sealed against water and dirt
- Completely resistant to shock and vibration
- 0.5 second delay between transmitting the engine kill signal and disconnecting the battery allowing ECUs time to perform a shutdown sequence before electrical power is lost.
- Fully integrated with built in alternator run-down circuitry – No extra components required
- Driver operation by a single internal ON-OFF button/switch
- External operation by single or multiple ‘strike’ button(s)
- Buttons / switches connected to Isolator using lightweight wiring and IP67 sealed connector
- Mounts close to battery for reduced cabling
- Very small and weighs just 70g
- Designed and manufactured in UK using high quality components.
Is the Isolator FIA Approved?
Unlike race seats, harnesses and fire extinguishers the FIA does not have an approval procedure for Master Switches. However, most FIA race and rally championships require cars to be fitted with a spark-proof master switch to isolate the battery from all electrical systems and stop the engine. The Cartek Battery Isolator meets these requirements.
FIA ARTICLE 13 : GENERAL CIRCUIT BREAKER
The general circuit breaker must cut all electrical circuits, battery, alternator or dynamo, lights, hooters, ignition, electrical controls, etc. and must also stop the engine.
MSA: EXTERNAL CIRCUIT BREAKER
8.1. The circuit breaker, when operated, must isolate all electrical circuits with the exception of those that operate fire extinguishers.